FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let’s talk about alternatives to the SPG Amex after the massive Marriott devaluation
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:24 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by digimon
This is probably the best advice in this entire thread. I have decided to dip my toes in the Ultimate Rewards program and just applied to the CFU card since it is offering the 3% bonus for the first year on ALL spend. If I decide that I like the program, I am going to apply for the CSR card to allow me to transfer my points from CFU to CSR. However, can someone confirm that it is possible to transfer my points to the CSR card after the fact?

For anyone interested, here is the link to the CFU 3% offer.
Yes, it is possible to transfer later. I had a Freedom card first and later got a CSP (back before either CFU or CSR existed, but same concept), and just let points build up on the Freedom until I later applied for the CSP.

And for that matter, even if you never apply for the CSR, getting 3% cash back on everything for a year is still a better return than many other options.

Just triple-check when you go to sign up that you are in fact on the 3x back offer page! A friend of mine just signed up and ended up on the usual 15K bonus page instead. He's seeing if Chase can sort it out now.