FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Air and Hotel Package- Redeem now or later?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:31 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
As a side question- if we wish to travel to Japan, is Alaska miles more valuable or American Airline miles? Right now there is a 25% more conversion bonus on AA, if I redeem my points for another MR Air+Hotel package, will the 120K AA miles get a 25% bonus?

Thanks!
Current reports are that the 25% bonus is disallowed on travel package redemptions on American, although I don't know if that will be true in practice.

There's no single right answer for choosing Alaska vs. American; it depends upon award availability. You should do some searches in each program to see what availability looks like before choosing a program for your transfer. If you're not combining with an existing balance, consider checking other programs as well; not just Delta and United, but also Japanese airlines JAL and ANA, as they may offer additional award availability to their own program members beyond what they offer their partner airlines.

Good luck!