FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are you getting rid of the SPG Card now?
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:19 am
wanalaugh74

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I use it primarily for MS with transfers to AA at 20K points, so that makes it less valuable to me in the future, but a free night could be a useful thing. The annual fee is a little high, though.
I called yesterday to change a room type on a reservation i had coming up with Marriott. The CSR said 'you get a free night after the merger?' LOL

Originally Posted by reubenfairbird
one of our SPG cards annual fee is due this month. That means I have to shell out $190.00 (this year and next) before I get a free anniversary night for 35,00 points which we have no idea what kind of Marriott that will get us. the rest of the cards fees are due after this 8.1.18 merger so we'll get anniversary night immediately. We are getting rid of the first one and take a wait and see on the other personal and business cards. Will not be putting any everyday spend on these anymore. devaluation for sure. Shame!
We had our cards renew in January and I called their retention phone number and was able to get a little something for not closing my cards. It wasn't the $95 reimbursed but they gave me 10,000 points for $1k spend in a month.. I am curious what the value will be like after Aug 1.