FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Polaris - New Business Class seats & inflight service {Archive}
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:21 pm
JC1120

Finally got a chance to take the new hard product on a 763 on a domestic route. Here's my thoughts; I'm sure many of these have been mentioned before but believe they are worth re-echoing even if that is the case.
1) Narrow aisles means even normal suitcases need to be threaded through carefully
2) Comfortable in sleeping position though I did not get a chance to do more than a quick nap
3) Entertainment system is responsive and screen is an improvement, however apparently is linked to the smoke detectors which were malfunctioning causing a lengthy (1 hr+) delay for rebooting and troubleshooting
4) Seat control buttons may not be as durable as they need to be - seats looked brand new but one of the two lower leg rest buttons was already not working
5) Lack of cargo bin space in the center; went with slimmer bins likely for aesthetics, even meant that late boarding front cabin passengers did not have space left; clearly a major issue that is frustrating both passengers and flight attendants alike
6) Overall seat design is positive for ergonomics and storage
7) Minor complaint when traveling with others due to limited ability to communicate without leaning significantly forward or standing up (depending on where companion is sitting)