FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - M visa invitation letter for 10 year visa
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:07 am
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by synthkeys
I'm a US citizen with 10 year multi-entry, 60 day stay, M Visa received in late 2015. Unfortunately I can't find the letter of invitation I used to obtain the visa. However, I remember explicitly writing 10 year on the visa application form. Where I wrote this, I do not recall.

Most of my US coworkers also received 10 year visa, all issued from PRC consulate in NY. Another coworker is a Canadian citizen, also received 10 year tourist visa. At this time, the hearsay was that 10 year visa was given pretty easily, sometimes without asking. I don't know if the situation has changed recently.

Unfortunately, I don't think the workers in the consulate will tell you what visa you will get. You typically find out when you pick up your passport.
There is a section with a checkbox list of different visa durations and number of entries (sth. like 6 mo 1 entry, 1 yr multi entry, etc.), and then an item at the end of the list with a blank line. It seems to work for writing in '10 year M visa' or the like.

I think I have also heard from one person who got a 10 year tourist visa without asking for it, but that was maybe three years ago.