FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FHR rates competitive?
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:54 pm
patrick.barnes

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
I'm guessing 2 is true, I'm sure there are some good deals out there on FHR that I'm just missing because they are places I don't travel to, but I've searched for hotels on FHR across the world from the US to Europe to Asia and never saw a FHR deal that was better than just booking direct. At times it was so much more expensive that I'm convinced it was an error.

I forgot to mention this in my original post, but yes that is something I've run into a lot. I'd look at a 3rd or 4th night free property, and then when you go to book it ends up being just as much as just booking 3 or 4 nights direct would be. Very scammy.

I might try FHR for Hawai'i trips from now on. I've tried it all over the world and don't think I've ever come across something that made any financial sense whatsoever. I also never use it in Vegas because I tend to get upgrades direct from hotels, but I might give it a try there too since everyone seems to suggest it works best there. I'm in Vegas 10 times a year.
One reason I book with FHR instead of direct is that a lot of the time FHR has much better cancellation terms.

Plus the credit, nicer treatment, upgrade etc. Some properties take FHR really seriously!