FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: ORD / Chicago O'Hare International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:28 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
I have a connection in ORD in July arriving on Etihad from Abu Dhabi and flying to DFW on AA. All US immigration and customs are handled in AUD through US Pre-clearance. AA claim that minimum connection time is 120 minutes in ORD and are refusing to ticket a connection that is 1 hour 20 minutes in ORD. I believe an hour should be enough considering that I do not need to go through immigration, customs, or security in ORD. Any feedback?
When it comes to MCT it doesn't matter what you believe you can make or think is reasonable, all that matters is the MCT in the reservations system. If its 120 mins, then there's nothing you can do to get around it, except book the ORD-DFW flight as a separate ticket if you want to risk it.

I agree that 2 hrs is probably overly conservative in this case, however EY flights will arrive into T5 at ORD, so you will still need to exit the terminal and take the train back over to T3, where you will have to clear security again before your next AA flight. Its not quite as seamless as you said.

There are tons of ORD-DFW flights each day, is there not another one shortly after the 120 mins that would work?