Raynyan

Programs: ANA Platinum Super Flyers, IHG Royal Ambassador, Marriott Titanium
InterContinental New York Barclay

InterContinental New York Barclay

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Deluxe Suite, Received same. Few days before arrival, I contacted to hotel and informed my room preferences. One of my preference is bathtub. However, all of Deluxe Suites don’t have bathtub. According to the mail from Director of Front Office, Two Beds Deluxe/Premier Rooms (part of), Executive Suites, Presidential Suite, and Harold S. Vanderbilt Penthouse have bathtub. And all other rooms and suites don’t have bathtub. Unfortunately at that time, all of higher Suites have been fully booked. So, I asked the rate discount and it has been accepted with Executive Room rate. My room was not ready upon arrival, so I needed to wait in temporary room (Superior Room) until 7:30PM.

How are the rooms?
According to hotel WEB site, Deluxe Suites room size is start from 47 sqm (500 sqft). But my rooms seems to be around 60 sqm (646 sqft). Specious living area, fairly sized bedroom, and decent sized bathroom (but shower only). Bathroom has floor heating. But no matter this bathroom has floor heating, I don’t believe guest can be bearable severe cold of NYC’s winter season due to low water flow/pressure of shower. It was really cold for me. 2x 55 inch LG LCD TV, Nespresso, and Caswell-Massey toiletries.

Video of Deluxe Suite:

Video of Superior Room

How is the exec. lounge?
Located in the lobby floor. Just behind of the Gin Parlour. 2x meeting rooms, business centre and concierge functions, good enough. Foods are decent. But beverages selections, especially evening cocktails selections are too small. No hard liquors. Every foods and beverages are self service, but soft drinks presentation is not user friendly. I was a little bit hesitated to pick up Diet Coke from refrigerator.

How was the mini-bar?
Well stocked included Mot Champagne Demi Bottle. No replenished during the stay.

What was your welcome gift?
2x Drink Vouchers at Gin Parlour

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
+++++ Location
+++++ Very comfortable bed
+++++ Helpful concierges
+++++ Club Lounge food offerings

Bad
————— Tip (Gratuity) culture
(America should be changed their culture from tip (gratuity) to service charge)
————— No bathtub in Suite
————— Low water pressure/flow of shower.
——- Club Lounge beverage offerings
——- One Guest Relation officer didn’t send feedback to my inquiry

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Yes.

Last edited by Raynyan; Apr 23, 18 at 3:06 pm