FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Ritz Carlton Singapore Mistake Rate - Will Be Honored?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:31 pm
SethLevy
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
They are likely not going to honor the reservation. I called Chase to ask if the reservation was confirmed and they indicated that it was but not for the Ritz Singapore, but some other hotel in Chiangmai Thailand. The agent said the system would have caught the error when it sends names and other information to the hotel, generally about a week to a few days before the actual stay. She confirmed that the room types, both regular room and suite, are not even offered at the Ritz. She further indicated to me that no reasonable person would have believed they could get a suite or room at the hotel for $20, including all taxes. While I know most people think you should never call on a mistake rate - I think that should only be true for bookings made directly on the hotel website, not 3rd Party sites, where you are more likely to show-up and the hotel will not have a clue who you are. For those that booked, I encourage to reach out to Chase, or whoever you booked it with, and ask them your options. While I do not want to share the details of what I worked out with Chase, suffice it to say - an acceptable compromise was reached.