FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:10 pm
newflyer27

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
I am going on a family trip on the 25th to the US and those strike almost ruined it. My family (no status) coming from morocco got its flight cancelled to come to paris on the 25th (all flights to rabat have been cancelled in these 2 days of strike so no plane in Rabat on 25th). Called Plat Line and they had no available flight to book them on ( all flights were full already with other companies) and be able to get the connection to JFK although there was a Transavia flight the day before but surprisingly enough, they said they can't book them on a Transavia flight !!!! (maybe it is normal but it is surprising not to be able to book on a company from the same group). The person told me to go ahead and make the booking myself and ask for reimbursement later which i did and fortunately, because few hours later the flight was full. The platinum had no idea if there was a limit to how much the ticket could be, i paid 300 € for each ticket. anyone had similar experience of having to make own plans and ask for reimbursement later on?

My parents are eligible to EC261/2004 anyway (based on my experience on a cancelled flight to Oslo in one of March strikes) so i will ask for that and that would cover the cost of the tickets but i am going to ask for the reimbursement + the EC261/2004 because there was too much hassle because of the bloody strike!!