FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requalifying for RJ RoyalPlus Gold
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:13 am
Rami Tamimi

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerby

Because I’m only Gold, in the RJ app, it doesn’t show me ”Miles to maintain/qualify” but “To achieve Platinum Plus, earn:” and an accurate description of miles and segments to qualify for Platinum.
I guess this is another reason to try and qualify for Platinum in order to have an online indicator of what is needed to requalify
Oh thanks for the info, did not know that.

....and oh yes, an online indicator of what is needed to requalify is a TOP benefit, reserved for Platinum LOL. To be fair, if you fly RJ, you might not feel that there is a huge difference between Gold and Platinum (of course apart from the 4JD you can save because Platinums don't have to pay for the RJ bus from the 7th circle office). That said, you will see that the staff will often be much more flexible (this comes back to my point in the other thread about the seat blocking).The new FFP manager is also trying hard to get us more benefits and generally improve the FFP (seat guarantee in Y bucket 48 hours ahead, a dedicated telephone number for Platinum are the two things introduced this spring).

For me, as a regular on the HKG route (in Y), Platinum is a total game changer, but someone flying to CAI all the time might not feel the difference.