FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Several Hours Layover in LHR: Which Lounge? What to do?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:42 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by dave_261
If you're feeling adventurous, you could do what we did. Stop in the AA Arrivals lounge for a shower and clear immigration. Then a 20-minute Uber to the town of Windsor. Probably not enough time to go into the castle, but would give you a couple hours to wander around town before an Uber back to LHR T5.
This would be my suggestion as well. Head to Windsor, walk around a bit, see a little of the town.

Originally Posted by carlosdca
BA Gallery lounges at Terminal 5 are busy/crowded but fine for me. Not more crowded than any of AA's hub lounges.
I've been to the T5B lounge numerous times and maybe once would I call it crowded. I've never had to wait for a shower there. The staff are always friendly and helpful. One time I asked about boarding my flight, and the gal immediately called down to the gate, then told me I could relax for another 10 minutes.