FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dual US and Mexican citizen travel with Mexican a passport
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:22 pm
Pablo Zatarain

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Just to make sure, your passport expired, and thus not able to renew due to child support? If so then as noted you'll need to fly to Mexico and enter via land border crossing. This will still subject you to issues with CBP, and in fact could cause legal issues since you lacked required documents for a US citizen to travel and re enter the US.

However it is different if you had your passport revoked. In that case you could run into much bigger legal issues returning to US. You'll be let in. However I would expect legal action for traveling without the correct documentation knowing that it couldn't legally be issued.

Bottom line you need to really ask a lawyer. Traveling could also prove problematic for your CS case and land you in jail. Ie if you can't afford CS then how can you afford travel, plus possible restrictions that were placed by judge or under state law .
My passport did expire I sent in the renewal and it was denied due to CS. I was told it wouldn't but i had a feeling it would. I do pay for both CS and arrears. I won't be able to renew my US passport till I bring my balance to 0 which won't be for a few years.

I do go to mexico i just use the California real ID with no issues to cross back