View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 18, 7:03 pm
ploppsdman

The entire site, at least for searching AA award availability, is absolutely broken. I searched for a flight July 3rd...4th..etc ...and found multiple options for July 5th. Continued my search to July 6th..etc...and 1 minute later I go back to July 5th and its gone, but there is now July 4th availability. 2 minutes later, search again and no availability for anything. Search 36 times, then it appears for July 5th. Ridiculous. Then I searched for flights to HNL via LAX. Nothing. But I find flights for HNL via Phoenix, with an LAX connect. What???

I'm considering just booking a bunch of flights or even using the miles for a moronic redemption of a hotel b/c these points seem to be (at least right now) a giant hassle. Basically, Im assuming I have to first see if there's saver availability online from AA and then call BA and see if they actually have seats from American? Meh. Is this going to change at all when their points program changes (I'm an executive club member - I have points from the old 100K signups)? Is AA going to remain a partner? Meh, I say.

Last edited by ploppsdman; Apr 22, 18 at 7:10 pm