FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Curse of Korean Air partnership
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2018, 1:17 pm
wxman22

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I've noticed painfully long connections in ICN as well off and on over the last year. Once DL discontinued BKK I've followed the options to get there closely and often saw only 14+ hour connections to get back from BKK-TLH. In fact, almost any east coast airport returning from BKK required a 14+ hr in ICN. It actually slightly intrigued me about the possibility of taking a mini trip around the ICN area as I've never been before. But, I've since relocated to ANC (yes, complete opposite side of the country!) I recently booked a BKK trip for this November ANC-SEA-ICN-BKK and the reverse on the return. The connections are a nice 2 hrs each way in ICN. I have not searched to see what an east coast smaller airport would require. It seems like the trend is for the connections to be improving. Looking forward to transiting ICN for the first time in a few months, but I'm missing NRT at the same time.
I first noticed this last summer. There seem periods (don't know if an hour, day, or week) in which it's hard to get any connections other than ICN when flyng onward.
Though most recently, it was "normal" again.