FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spring Break with WT73jr at Vail Colorado, USA via Alaska Airlines
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:22 am
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Vail, Colorado.

Shortly after we checked in, we ended up taking a walk around the neighborhood to self-situate around Lionshead Village. Lionshead has grown up quite a bit since the last time I was here in 2002; the first trip I took after the New York City 9/11 attacks. We wandered the 5 minutes up the pathway to the base of the Eagle Bahn Gondola and the heart of Lionshead, Vail.

Wandering through Lionshead, it’s certainly grown up since my last visit. Many of the tired buildings had been refurbished and renovated. What used to be a family area had now moved a bit upscale. There is now a fireplace next to the skating rink in the heart of town next to the Arrabelle Hotel.

We ended up having dinner at a Vail tradition: Garfinkel’s on St Patrick’s Day. Garfinkel’s is a ski town tradition; they’ve run bars in Whistler and Vail since the early 1990’s. I’ve been visiting them for almost twenty eight years!!

After supper, it was a quiet walk back to the hotel amid the Christmas lights of Vail. We settled in for the evening in anticipation for a great week ahead.