FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:47 pm
joshua362

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I saw somewhere that the required breakfast is still continental (perhaps this part is from the Starwood Lurker) and that the vouchers will be worth $10, which I assume means per eligible person per day. In the past, the SPG program defined what was required for an acceptable continental breakfast for this purpose, but of course it's very difficult to define the quality (as opposed to the included items) as a brand standard and such brand standards tend to be considered proprietary information, so it's hard to verify that a hotel is compliant.

The whole thing sounds very confusing. We will see how it works in practice.
This is sooooooooooooo Marriott. From late checkouts options to upgrade possibilities to cancellation policies (the exact time) and more, write them as vague as possible so everyone is confused and hard line properties have an out when they say "sorry, it ain't happening". I used to think they hired english poor majors, now I believe the opposite is true on purpose...