FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Meltdown at Toronto last night (19Apr18) - looking for compensation
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:38 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Except for: "There are duty officers inside the terminals 24/7". The good folks running YYZ don't all go home and leave the place unsupervised. There were likely several dozen airport authority employees on duty, behind the scenes and in full view. We often don't see what we're not explicitly looking for.

Airline customer service employees should remain; I agree. But if they don't, I offered a viable alternate source of assistance. My post was to inform of that option to seek in a future event, not to remind anybody of an opportunity missed. I'll leave it to your friend to decide if he/she would prefer to consider that option, or insist it wasn't available.
Your alternative option would have been most welcome. Believe me, the hundreds of passengers left stranded would have been glad to have seen anybody at all. There was no one there. If your duty officers were around, they certainly weren't visible. People can't be blamed for not seeing those hiding behind the scenes. Apart from the one unpleasant customs lady, no one was visible or available until they all got back to the landside check-in desks. And even then, no one knew where their luggage was.