FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating guide: Boeing 787 Dreamliner
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:31 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bzcat
I'm flying LAX-LHR / LHR-JFK and on the outbound LAX-LHR leg, I have a choice of either A380 or 789 flight... I'm booking WT+ so which aircraft has the better WT+ seats/cabin?
If you are someone who normally goes for the window seat, then I would say the A380 due to the side storage unit, which also makes the seat more spacious. If you prefer aisle seats I don't think there is a lot in it, other than that the A380 is quieter. The 787 is also quiet compared to older aircraft but the WTP cabin is right by the turbines. There is a greater chance of an upgrade on 787s. On the 787-8 there are only 25 seats in WTP and on the 787-9 there are only 127 WT seats (154 on 787-8) so depending on loads it can be difficult to squeeze everyone on. Having said that, BA is often able to completely fill A380s, which are very popular aircraft with passengers.