FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most luxurious beach resorts in the world?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:39 am
dulciusexasperis
Suspended

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
Also what is absolutely not luxury for me is having to fight for sun loungers at one of the FS resorts in Hawaii, regardless of how expensive/celebrity endorsed they are.
LOL, so I'm guessing from your handle that you are a Brit and referring to the oft repeated complaint by Brits about people putting towels on a sun lounger by the pool at 7am, to 'reserve' them for the day. Have I got that right?

If I have, here is the solution. Simply ask the hotel if they have any 'sun bed reservation system'. If the answer is no, which is quite likely, you have no problem. Simply look for what are obviously 'reserved' sunbeds with nothing around them to indicate someone is actually using them. Then remove the towel from the sunbed and make yourself comfortable. If someone shows up and says, 'I had my towel on that sunbed', refer them to the hotel management. Let the hotel deal with them.

If the hotel does have a reservation system, then again you have no problem. Simply reserve a bed for your stay. If the hotel says, guests can indicate they plan to use a sunbed by putting a towel on a sunbed but that there is no 'formal' reservation system as such, simply ignore that response and go to plan A.

Having lived in a highly touristed location I am well aware of this belief some people have that they can 'reserve' a bed with a towel. Hotels are obviously well aware of it also. What the hotel and the people putting their towels out at 7am are counting on, is that no one will do anything about it. Stop complaining, start acting and leave the towel people and the hotel with the problem.