FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Farelock - Questions/Answers/Experiences {Archive}
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:50 pm
mozilla

Originally Posted by fumje
Seems like overlapping/conflicting flight farelocks should be allowed, notwithstanding farlock's technical treatment as a 'real' reservation.
Used to be that way, but we have now several reports of duplicate segments being canceled. Flight firming does seem to prefer canceling unticketed segments over ticketed segments, so, for now, it doesn't seem to harm reservations paid for with miles or money that's not just the Farelock fee.

Originally Posted by z28lt1
Other than the Farelock, I had no other reservations in my name anywhere. I strongly suspect it was due to the tickets acquired with miles from my account for others not in my name -- after all, I can see those tickets under "my reservations", even though they are for other people, with their own names and own mileage plus numbers.
Yeah, it shouldn't consider them duplicate in this case. Maybe it flags a false positive because it is aware that award reservations can be canceled with little to no penalty, but I would be amazed if the software would be that advanced, not to mention that it is a bad assumption to begin with. Or it is because the reservations are all associated with your account, but that would be a serious bug. We'll probably find out more bit-by-bit as new reports pour in.