Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:43 am
JONEZY00

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Just finished a five-night stay on points here are my initial impressions

Adding links for some pictures of hotel and suite

http://www.travelingwiththejones.com...chengdu-china/

http://www.travelingwiththejones.com...chengdu-china/

Check-in

We arranged for a Hotel car. This was overkill but we had been traveling for 36 hours and having someone meet us outside of the customs hall was worth the price. I think that Taxis were around 60 RMB.

The Hotel lobby was on the 8th floor and check-in was Excellent and quick. We had an early arrival from SFO and requested and received early check-in.

I have attached the welcome letter which outlines the Plat benefits

Room

We had a nice upgrade. Low floor but having the extra size was worth it.

Lounge

A very large and well-appointed lounge.

Breakfast had a made to order egg/Omelet or Noodle station. Wide selection of fruit. For the hot items about 75% were geared to the Chinese guest. The Lounge staff was exceptional very eager to please and knew our names after the first visit. Some language issues but nothing that couldn’t be overcome

Happy hour. A decent selection along with the noodle station. Hard liquor was a bit limited but the wine and beer were decent.

Restaurants

We were also given the option of eating breakfast at the Hotel restaurant the Table. We did this a couple of times but found the lounge much quieter.

We also had a Dim Sum lunch at Man Ho was surprisingly crowded and the very good. They had a window to the kitchen and there must have been half a dozen chefs knocking out made to order Dim Sum. Price was reasonable by hotel standards. Unlimited Dim Sum for $20

Check out

Probably the fastest I had in China. I had a bunch of extra RMB and applied that to my bill. Even with that wrinkle the checkout process took a max of 10 minutes.

Also, a note on ATM there is a Bank of China ATM in the 1st floor entrance which I had no problem pulling RMB.

Last edited by JONEZY00; Jun 14, 2018 at 9:02 am