FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding the United Upgrade List Comprehensively {Archive}
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:26 am
simonoaks

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Upgrades are fairly easy to LIR. I admit ignorance as to Premier crowd PBI-IAH.

At T-24, you can check in and see the airport waitlist, but that only shows names of those already upgraded or those who have checked in and are on the airport waitlist. Agents are not supposed to provide info on the "hidden" waitlist, from which upgrades are issued until the airport takes over.

I always apply an instrument and then watch cabin fill before deciding to leave it in place or withdrawing. If PN>0 exists within 6 days of flights, you can jump to the conclusion there are no GS customers waiting.
PBI-IAH is hard to get CPU usually either a lot of GS or lots of rich people buying F straight off. Although I might be ok 7am on a Sunday morning.

Good tip on the PN thing, I did not know about that . So if the PN has a number it means there is GS waiting with a RPU?

The hardest thing with all this upgrade stuff is finding flights that will clear.
It would be good if United put in a search function that included 'R Class" as a field, so you could search a flight from XXX-YYY , W class , R Space open - any date