FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Risky itinerary
Thread: Risky itinerary
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:12 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If you plan trips from remote/distant points in order to benefit from cheaper tickets, then you need to make sure you are able to get there in time....or you lose everything.

You cannot use the excuse of a "problem" on a separate ticket for failing to turn up in time to check-in for and board your flight from BLL. Even if it is the same (AFKL) company on the other ticket. The "problem" on the other ticket will only lead to compensation/rebooking on the basis of that separate ticket. That you were attempting to use it to get to BLL to start what sounds to be an even more important second ticket, is of no consequence to the airline - you are bearing all the responsibility of getting to BLL on time.

I would suggest you investigate ways of removing the "need" to be in NCE on the 21st. If you can't, you need to book the most direct ticket from NCE to BLL. When repositioning for longhaul ticket, you should not be looking at dodgy tickets (multiple connections, via strike-prone airports/airlines, etc etc).

In my case, when I book a longhaul that commences out of somewhere other than AMS/RTM or a drivable airport, I get there the night before. If the savings on offer don't justify that, then the ticket wasn't worth buying in the first place!

Last edited by irishguy28; Apr 19, 2018 at 3:18 am