FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Risky itinerary
Thread: Risky itinerary
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:55 am
Thijs Luyt

Programs: Flying Blue
Risky itinerary

I booked a ticket in Y for a cheap non refundable or changeable fare from BLL via AMS and CDG to JFK. Departure on Friday 22nd of June at 6.35PM from BLL to AMS, then a stopover. The day after early morning from AMS via CDG to JFK. So far so good.
I need to be in NCE on the 21st all day and can fly home only the day after, so June 22nd, the very same day as my trip to JFK will commence.
The cheapest option will be a return from NCE via CDG and AMS to BLL in the afternoon. The connections are tight, respectively 40 min and 50 min in CDG and AMS, plus i fly with the same aircraft to BLL that will bring me back to AMS on the 22nd.

Called KLM, the ticket is not changeable so i need to go back to BLL to commence my trip to JFK. If i dont start there, my ticket will be cancelled.

I can book a (much more) expensive ticket earlier on the day to BLL, but what if i book this ticket with the short connections and I will miss a connection? Then there is no room for alternatives and I will miss the option to commence my BLL-JFK trip.
Do you think KLM/AF will be flexible to allow me to commence my trip to JFK in the city I am stranded, either AMS or CDG?
I am Platinum so maybe a bit more credits there, but I dont want to be in a situation where i need to buy a whole new ticket to JFK because of a missed connection.

What are your thoughts?