FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Gold today? You will NOT be getting Platinum after August 1st.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:11 pm
Enigma368

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by CJKatl
I noticed the stumble, too, but had a very different inkling. It appeared he was trying to make sure he said the right words that were clear and met the rehearsed marketing verbiage. He repeated the party line a few times about not losing any benefits. The answer seemed very rehearsed so I took the pause as a shift from spontaneity into making sure he said every word exactly the way he memorized, that he followed the right script. And he explained that SPG Golds were not losing any SPG Gold benefits, of which breakfast was not one.

As someone who speaks publicly for a living and has done so for twenty years I can tell you that appeared to be a canned, prepared answer that was written. vetted, memorized and maybe even edited after the fact. If I am having dinner with friends and someone asks a question I often apologize first because I know I am about to give a prepared answer. It just comes across too methodical and detailed to be off the cuff. Even the voice changes, like his did. into clipped over enunciation with step by step points.
Funny, I read it that he was sexually attracted to the guy interviewing him and got nervous. That's usually why I stumble when speaking.