FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Gold today? You will NOT be getting Platinum after August 1st.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:07 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by alanslegal
The answer to this thread is extremely relevant for myself as I have at least two bookings in mid August - whilst two stays might be peanuts to some of your road warrior Platinum and above elites, to me it is a significant and big deal. Why? As a current SPG Gold who then matched to Marriott Gold, this means I have breakfast included in this status as of right now. So when I booked there was this benefit in place, and (after I have booked and) come August 1, that benefit is taken away. Bait and Switch? Kind of, that's for sure.

If I end up Gold come August 1, so be it and that's how Marriott wants to roll, but let me know as early as possible so I can make alternative hotel arrangements if it does not suit my situation. For now, my August bookings, there are two Hiltons and a Conrad that I can easily move my booking too if I lose my breakfast entitlement. Again, its peanuts in the scheme of things but lots of peanuts (from me and anyone else out there) becomes a lot - that's the big deal.
i agree. I’ve got three rez for two rooms each post Aug 1. As of today, I now have duplicate bookings at Hiltons, where I’ll get breakfast included. Four guests in two rooms with breakfast/lounge access is not nothing. And the three and a half month notice isn’t enough.