FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott LTPs should have gotten LTP - not LTPP
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:59 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Looking at the new benefit chart, Marriott LTP maps perfectly to the new 50 night annual Plat status (and it actually is better than what they got at 75 nights Plat)
- 50% point bonus (same as before)
- 4pm late checkout (same as before, but not until SPG came into the mix)
- They get breakfast (same as before, but enhanced now w/real breakfasts at more properties/resorts, helped once SPG came into the mix)
- They get lounge access (same as before)
- They get stronger suite upgrade possibilities (wasn't there before, again helped by legacy SPG language)

As far as I can tell, the only things not covered by the above are 1) the 48 hour guarantee (believe we had one in SPG too, I have yet to use it in 800 nights, I'm guessing most rarely if ever use it) and 2) lounge access at resorts (not a ton of them, but still a weird carve-out regardless. So, factually speaking, the new 50 night Plat level is equal to slightly better than their prior 75 night Plat level (please correct me if I'm wrong).

But instead, they get a better status level (25% more bonus points), as well as upgrade status over other LTPs or annual Plats.

So somebody please explain why it was deemed necessary to make a one time exception for them to give LTPP, when that status level cannot be achieved going forward. PP and Ambassador should have been annual nights only, if neither were given an ongoing chance to make lifetime. All it does is alienate a big population of loyals.
To me, this is very logical - MR Platinum now = 75 nights a year and it makes perfect sense to make the current MR LTPs into the new LTPP as that is the new 75 night level.

I don't quite understand what people have to gain by complaining what others are getting. The 1% is entitled to this and you poor peasants should just live with what you are handed