FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:07 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by UA_Sycophant
If I'm on a paid F ticket, would it at least indicate in the AA mobile app which class of service I'd be seated in if I make a SDC change to a given flight BEFORE I make the change? I've done SDCs mostly on UA in the past and I know they indicate which class you'd be in for each of the SDC options they offer in the app.
Yes it will. And I've found recently that in IRROPS (or even just a weather waiver), if I've had an e500 upgrade clear me into F, the mobile app's options will include F options, which is nice.

Originally Posted by UA_Sycophant
Regarding Y-UP fares, aren't all "I" fares technically Y-UP fares, or are they sometimes "true" first class fares? I know that when I book these fares I generally choose the "first" fare option when booking on aa.com or ask a travel agent to book me in first class, so I'm unsure how to tell if I booking Y-UP or "true" first class short of asking for a full-fare or unrestricted first class ticket.
There are true I fares, but I'm not sure there's an easy way to search for them. I pulled up JFK-LAX for Sunday 5/20, and the IWAHZNJ1 fare is available for $658.20 on the 7 a.m. flight. Not an UP fare. Searching on matrix.itasoftware.com can be useful -- your "from" should be "JFK :: aa+ /f bc=i" and the "to" should be "LAX" (or sub in your cities; leave off quotation marks). No guarantee that everything that comes up is true I, but takes way less time to check than on aa.com or google flights.