FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Platinum & Membership Rewards SPG/Marriott benefits beginning August 2018?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:43 pm
acarney

I agree that I wouldn't really mind Amex ditching Marriott if they truly can't get anything better then the "new gold" which isn't that great compared to what we were used to this last year or so...

I would like Hyatt to be brought into the mix but really the perks aren't that great unless they bump you into the top tier, and I doubt that would be the case. The lounge access and full 4pm late checkout is what seems the most useful to me and what I would like to see from a $550 card. I doubt Amex would bump up to Hilton diamond since they already offer a cobranded card that offers that... They would need to add something else perk wise if they ditched Marriott and just kept Hilton the same, even if they expanded the Uber benefit to just be $200 in "car service" credits (rental, private card, car sharing, Uber/Lyft etc) but I suspect they're getting a sweetheart deal from Uber on that perk.

Maybe I need to investigate in booking more hotel stays using the Amex travel portal to gain the perks, though I'm not sure if any/many "normal" (think ~$200 to $250/night) Marriott level properties are part of that program. I don't really want to be dropping $400+ a night to get perks like that :P

MR and airport lounge... what are you going to do Amex, I don't see a lot of "wow" coming from your card...