FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:14 pm
MileageGoblin

Originally Posted by jrothenb
As far as I'm concerned, and I sincerely hope that Marriott senior management agrees, if a SPG LTP shows both 750 combined nights, and 2MM combined earned points if this can be historically tracked across systems (when taking into account the 1>3 SPG to MR conversion), it is only fair and right that they be mapped to LTPP rather than LTP.
They don't agree b/c SPG didn't have a 75 night LT PLT level. If you chose to spend 250+ nights past 500 at SPG properties (when you knew there was not another SPG LT level to be achieved), you did that of your own prerogative. Why should you expect to get combined program LT at a 75 night level? You weren't expecting that, operated under SPG T&C knowing the rules for over 10 years, and now its unfair?

I suspect the bellyaching is more so b/c MR LT PLTs will be ahead of you (right or wrong). You were already behind SPG 75 PLTs and Ambassadors annually.