FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are things you do when you travel that you are surprised others do not do?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:59 am
makasha21

Originally Posted by hinsopa
Next week will be my first time going thru precheck and I have researched it. I purchased this primarily because I have a disablility and felt bad taking moretime. What kind of things are are you referring to when you say people are unprepared?
Some people seem to have no clue that they will need their ID and boarding pass when entering the TSA checkpoint, nor that they'll need to empty their pockets of change, phones, metal objects once they reach the conveyor and detector. There's generally plenty of time while waiting in line to consolidate one's belongings in a purse or carry on rather than spending 2 minutes at the far end of the bin area scrambling and dropping things, and holding up those behind you who are ready to breeze through. Exceptions for those who don't travel often at all, (and I'm not excusing those who are rude to infrequent travelers, there's no call for that), but people should at least glance up from their personal bubble to observe what those ahead of them in line are doing in preparation.