FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are things you do when you travel that you are surprised others do not do?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:21 am
NotSoFrequentColorado

Programs: Delta, United, American, Norwegian, Southwest, Frontier, Bonvoy
(8) Ok now a weird thing...when packing I usually just take shirts, pants, etc. on their hangers and fold them loosely into my suitcase in one big bundle. I don't take them off the hangers or fold them individually. When I arrive on the other end I just open my suitcase and everything is ready to hang up super easily. I find things don't get any more wrinkled than they do when folding individually, and I'm more likely to hang things up quickly upon my arrival (and I don't have to go hunting for hangers, etc.). Things too dirty to be worn again go in the suitcase off-hanger (but I keep the hanger around), so every place I stop I just re-create a mini version of my closet at home basically.

You may think it's weird but I've been doing this for many years.

My thing: Bring something to read. Totally amazed at people who will sit through even a short flight either (a) doing nothing, (b) engaging the person next to them in unwanted conversation, or (c) relying on IFE which may be broken or full of crap.