FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:21 am
jrothenb

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
I believe the concise argument why an SPG LTP with 750 combined nights by 8/1/18 (or 12/31/18 as some others have argued) should be mapped to the new LTPP, rather than the new LTP is as follows.

1. By staying 750 combined nights, the SPG LTP has achieved the same requirements as the legacy MR LTP.

2. Now, given that MR LTP also required 2MM added points over the course of the program membership (not taking into account spending), if Marriott can manage from an IT standpoint, it would also be reasonable for Marriott to take LT SPG points earned, multiply that figure by 3 (given the 1>3 SPG to MR conversion), and add that number to the same member's MR account points total.

As far as I'm concerned, and I sincerely hope that Marriott senior management agrees, if a SPG LTP shows both 750 combined nights, and 2MM combined earned points if this can be historically tracked across systems (when taking into account the 1>3 SPG to MR conversion), it is only fair and right that they be mapped to LTPP rather than LTP.

Last edited by jrothenb; Apr 18, 2018 at 8:33 am