FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines Award Travel
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:23 am
johnkel1

China Airlines Award Travel

Anyone have any experience with China Airlines releasing additional business class award space after the initial one seat release? I am piecing together a business class award travel reservations for a party of two from ATL-SYD and the only way I can find a reasonable mileage price is to route through Asia on two separate award tickets on China Airlines (ATL-SFO-TPE) (TPE-SYD) or China Southern (ATL-JFK-CAN) (CAN-SYD). I can get two business seats to TPE (my preference) or CAN, but I when trying to book two award seats in business class from TPE-SYD on March 16, 2019 (yes, next year) on China Airlines, it appears, they have one seat available for each of their two flights (CI55 at 7:40 AM and CI51 at 11:30 PM). I am contemplating booking the one seat on each flight in hopes that I can change one of us to the other flight later if they open up an additional award seat in Business. We are both Delta Diamond, so no change fees, just not sure if we will in the end be flying separately to Sydney. Other option is to book two award seats on China Southern from CAN-SYD, which has availability, but after reading reviews, believe we would have a better flying experience on China Airlines over China Southern. Any thoughts on China Airlines availability or in flight service of China Airlines vs China Southern are greatly appreciated.