FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:47 am
EuropeanPete

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Horace
There's no breakfast benefit for Platinum Elite (or higher) at The Ritz-Carlton, EDITION, Marriott Vacation Club, Gaylord Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, and Design Hotels. That's the same as it is today. I can understand all of these exclusions except Gaylord Hotels, which are huge conventions hotels (technically resorts, but that should not matter any longer).
Just because I might have missed it, what is the logic on properties like the Ritz-Carlton and the EDITION? In what way are they different to St Regis properties in that they should not offer breakfast? The only thing I can think of is that Marriott are worried that the property owners wouldn't wear it, but otherwise what is a Ritz-Carlton other than a larger, more globally Americanized St Regis?
I'm not a fan of the Ritz-Carlton brand in any case, but I do like Editions, and as the top tier properties in many cities I travel to, I will inevitably begin using these brands more than before.