FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:28 pm
theOtherHolmes

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by Troopers
You are separating status with published benefits. Status and it's associated benefits are exclusive.

That's not status matching. You enjoy the benefits on Czech because of your status in that alliance...not because your Czech Diamond (or whatever their elite tiers are called). If you logged onto your Czech account, does it say Czech Diamond or equivalent?
You are spot on.

It appears some people want to believe what he wants to believe. I read and craft various contracts, agreements and statements every day to earn a modest wage, and am puzzled at his logic, which blatantly ignores the fact that when your status is shown in Marriott account as Gold, the most reasonable presumption is simply that you are MR Gold, since Marriott has effectively made that representation and common folks will
have relied on the rrpreeentation. Wordings such as “you enjoy the benefits of....” does not mean I am not Gold. It is not contradictory to the reasonable conclusion that I am MR Gold. If anything, it is a nice correlation.

I am not wishful - it’s simply a reasonable and the most likely and logical conclusion. I don’t really care for Plat benefits since I mostly stay at Hyatt now, it’s simply that I like to