FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:05 pm
Troopers

Originally Posted by CJKatl
It is defined within the marketing materials where it never says you become MR Gold but, instead, you enjoy the benefits. It's right there. Your choosing to ignore it and read something else into it does not change what it says. Yes, it was written in a way to confuse the issue, but it was written with the definition within.
You are separating status with published benefits. Status and it's associated benefits are exclusive.

Airlines within the same alliance use a similar type of status matching. If I am DL Diamond and I fly Czech I do not suddenly have status on Czech but I enjoy elite benefits like free luggage and lounge access.
That's not status matching. You enjoy the benefits on Czech because of your status in that alliance...not because your Czech Diamond (or whatever their elite tiers are called). If you logged onto your Czech account, does it say Czech Diamond or equivalent?