FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long does it take to transfer Starpoints to Marriott?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:32 pm
Ellice

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
After 3 hours, the balance still hadn't changed. (I had logged off and back on numerous times since that used to be necessary.)

I checked closer and discovered that it appears to just be the points balance in the header that wasn't updating.

When I went to Activity, it showed the points being added there. When I went to the reservation and requested a certificate, it seemed a little quirky, saying I needed more points, but when I logged out and back in again, it showed my correct balance (minutes the points from the certificate) and the reservation shows a certificate.

So there's definitely something going on there, but it's not necessarily that the points weren't transferring instantly.
Thanks for alerting me to this quirk. My balance in the header didn't show the points transfer and the points were there under Activity, so I rang the call centre to get a hotel and air package immediately. Unfortunately the hotel I wanted to book was only coming up with non cancellable bookings so hopefully I can use the hotel ct for a more flexible hotel booking. I'm just glad to get the cat 9 hotel ct with all the changes going on!!