FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:17 pm
FlyingKansan

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Red259
I have an award stay coming up at this hotel for 2 nights. Currently have gold status. I was thinking about picking up the hilton card to get diamond status but not sure the difference between gold and diamond make it worth the AF. I'll have some other hilton stays this year where I can use the status but this would likely be the only conrad I'm going to have stays at based on my destinations.
My first ever stay at this property was also my first time in Japan. As a Gold at the time, I did not receive an upgrade from the city view room I booked, did not have access to the lounge, but did get free breakfast. The second time around I was Diamond, and did get an upgrade to a bay view room. The standard rooms at this property are fantastic, and view wise, at least for me, there isn't much of a difference. The city skyline of Tokyo holds its own when it comes to views. As for lounge access, I popped in one time during my second stay just to check it out. Most of my travels are personal, so lounge access doesn't mean much for me since I'll most likely have dinner plans, especially in a city like Tokyo. As for whether or not to get the Aspire, if your sole purpose is to get Diamond status, then I personally wouldn't go for it.