FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:45 pm
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by drchrysler
Apologies for the confusion there. When I was searching for inventory on EF, I wasn't searching for specific flight numbers and instead, used the Award and Upgrades search to search for all flights between EBB-LAX using KL as the airline and selected the "Business Upgrade with Delta SWU/Global Upgrades" option. The search resulted in two options, one on KL metal (KL 537 to AMS and KL 601 to LAX showing Z1 on both legs) and a second option with mixed metal (KL 537 and KL 6068 operated by DL showing Z9 on both legs). When I originally searched using the same parameters prior to booking the flight, the first option showed Z3 on both legs of the outbound and the second option showed Z9.
Okay, yep, sounds like you were doing it right with respect to ExpertFlyer. But just to be clear, seeing Z show up on the Delta app is still a different thing, since the Delta app shows Z space on the DL flight numbers whereas what you did on EF shows Z space on the KL flight numbers — and just because one has Z space doesn’t mean the other does.

I didn’t notice originally your note in your second post about checking EF before checking the Delta app, sorry about that. So in theory the space should have been available for your original flight based on what you saw on EF, don’t know why it wasn’t (possible some agents did something wrong).