FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:49 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Horace
Yes! For Platinum Elite (and higher), according to https://members.marriott.com/faq/ (bold and red text to highlight text from the FAQ):

Is complimentary breakfast available for Platinum Elite members?

After 50 nights across the portfolio, members will achieve Platinum Elite status. As part of the Platinum Welcome Gift, members will have the option of choosing points, an amenity or a breakfast offering – options vary by brand, and The Ritz-Carlton, EDITION, Marriott Vacation Club, Gaylord Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments and Design Hotels do not participate in the breakfast offering option. A breakfast offering is new for Courtyard, AC Hotels by Marriott, Moxy Hotels, Protea Hotels and resorts. Brands that are currently offering lounge access will continue to offer complimentary breakfast as part of the lounge offering.

Resorts are excluded from lounge access, which is a separately listed benefit.
I really want to see the terms and conditions because it is unclear how a property in a brand that has lounges with breakfast as a standard will provide the benefit when either their lounge is closed or they don't have a lounge. Right now, these properties provide a choice between points or breakfast in the restaurant if the lounge is closed or they don't have a lounge. Will this continue being the case or will they get away with not having a lounge or closing the lounge by providing breakfast only if you choose it as a check-in benefit?

I also want to see how the terms and conditions define breakfast because I think it's a safe bet that some properties will try and skimp the benefit by claiming toast, coffee or tea, and orange juice is a breakfast.