FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:08 pm
Wickersley

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I should have lifetime platinum premier status if all goes well, so I could just become a free agent. As I said, so much depends on terms and conditions, which Marriott has not released.

The problem is there isn't much competition. IHG is worthless, Hilton is devalued and Radisson/Club Carlson is only a consideration in some parts of Europe. Hyatt is the only one that could compete with Marriott International, notwithstanding its small footprint.
Under the new terms, I have the lifetime status you will earn (Grandfathered in), so I’m already a free agent.

My point is (for now), Marriott have taken a considered view & have taken the best of both worlds to create a rewards programme which on face value, is the best in the market.

It would have been very very easy to immediately devalue status levels

* we all know what “dynamic pricing” means - I fully expect my redemptions to double in cost once things are announced. But hey, if it’s still the best value out there - then it’s the best value