FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:57 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by philyerboots
Hi Guys

I have recently had a claim rejected by BA for a flight I took from Manchester to Heathrow on 11th December 2017.
We were told at the airport that due to bad weather the previous day, BA had issues with both planes and staff out of position.
In the rejection statement they are saying that the flight was delayed by bad weather!
Is there any way to find out the actual cause of the delay? For if it was staff and planes out of position, I assume this is an indirect cause of the delay and as such I can claim compensation?
The flight arrived at Heathrow 2 hours and 59 minutes late, but meant we had missed our BA connection to Marseilles and had to fly the next day. So ultimately we arrived at our final destination around 20 hours late.
Welcome to FT!

Just for some context, this was on the Monday, the day after the big snow related meltdown at LHR, so relates to this thread Bad weather disruption - UK/AMS/NW Europe - 10 & 11 December 2017