FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:45 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
No, what I know is that people who stay at more expensive properties are more likely to spend more for a hotel room. And while I understand why spending more can be important to a hotel, that has nothing to do with a person's wealth or affluence, nor am I sure why those things would matter. Again, most wealthy people I know do not waste money on hotel rooms unless there is a special occasion or vacation. Can we please retire the meaningless and unnecessary class hysterics, the posts about wealth and affluence and the idea that a great affluent person is defending the rights of the unwashed masses to stay at a SR? Historically we have not had that on the Marriott board.
Wow.

First, you’re the only one who has mentioned “unwashed masses” here. Second, you’re the only one referring to class here, as well.

Third, whether you or I or anyone wants to admit it, most of the people staying at the very expensive hotels are actually wealthier/more affluent. That is a pretty obvious fact. The facts might hurt, but they still are the facts. That of course has nothing to do with what else is being discussed, but you seem to bring it up as if it’s inaccurate or a classist statement. It’s not rocket science to recognize that the most expensive hotels have guests who most often are more affluent.

I responded originally in reaction to other people claiming here that RC owners didn’t want CY guests in their hotels. Those are the people you should be attacking, not me. I only tried to debunk their faulty assertion. Ive stayed in too many StR hotels to know that StR hotels welcome everyone just as much as the RC hotel likely do, as well. To your point, actually.

You are attacking the wrong person.