FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Full fare J ticket, booked into Y bucket for 2 segments
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:43 am
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by ShortDog
One of two reasons why I stopped dealing with travel agents years ago... The other being a TA booking me to return in the incorrect month, not discovered until I showed up for an international flight one month early.
The joys of corporate travel. We get 50% or more off full fare tickets from certain carriers, so I have no choice but to use either our inhouse agent or AMEX after hours when i need to book at the last minute like this. Of course when i book in advance i can often find better discount biz fares that have an acceptable refund fee and then just work directly with the EXP line to make changes. But last minute, my hands are tied as only those two entities can issue tickets with my corp discount. Once a segment is flown, the carrier can often make changes on the corp discount fare if the same fare bucket is available, that is just an even exchange as opposed to re-faring. But if the D bucket opens on the return and i want to claw some savings back be rebooking from J down into D, i need to go back to the corp TA or AMeX.

Back in the day, AMeX biz travel was amazing, now I can tell by accents they have outsourced to people who may speak English reasonably well but they know nothing about corp exec travel, let alone how to even issue tickets with the 24 hour window ;-)