FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:37 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Otherwise. I’m afraid that it is more likely that one who stays more often at such expensive properties is more likely to be wealthier/more affluent. Not sure what that has to do with the current discussion, though—but you’re jumping on that as it isn’t true. It isn’t always true, of course...but it usually is going to be true. You know that.
No, what I know is that people who stay at more expensive properties are more likely to spend more for a hotel room. And while I understand why spending more can be important to a hotel, that has nothing to do with a person's wealth or affluence, nor am I sure why those things would matter. Again, most wealthy people I know do not waste money on hotel rooms unless there is a special occasion or vacation. Can we please retire the meaningless and unnecessary class hysterics, the posts about wealth and affluence and the idea that a great affluent person is defending the rights of the unwashed masses to stay at a SR? Historically we have not had that on the Marriott board.