FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"
Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:52 am
iadisgreat

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
MMM, nope. Did not have intent to "game system" as when booking ticket I did not say "can't wait to screw AA over and take a non-stop vs connection". Luck had my meeting end earlier than anticipated, no traffic across bay bridge & thru town. Was willing to pay for change/ fare difference fee even. Continual poor service by AA (gate agent being on hold for 10 mins was pretty frustrating in itself). I get it the days of loyalty are now done, it's what have you spent in the last 12 months. Will look at the UA non-stop as option. For those who say just buy a refundable ticket, not a smart investment on my T&E as w/ most of my schedule is pretty set w/o many last min. changes w/ clients.

Had a changeable ticket today & could not change to earlier flight (only 1 hour) since flight was full which is the case more & more. Got to ride on a nice Cash for Clunkers A321 no power outlets. Paid F, cranky FA (PHL crew) but arrived 15 mins early w/ gate open. Best was NO credit card hawking announcements- now that's going for great!

Peace, WT.
Then why didn't you just pay the change fee and fare difference? That has nothing to do with SDFC and you aren't bound by any of it's restrictions.