Old Apr 17, 18, 4:22 am
UA_Sycophant

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Five Star, Avis Preferred Plus, AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
Interesting, I didn't realize that this wasn't a settled "no." I think it is a settled "no." If you use an SWU or BXP1, you might be able to keep your booking class but definitely not for e500s. But same day changes into premium cabin are a little wacky and even on a paid F ticket there's risk of being putting in coach.
If I'm on a paid F ticket, would it at least indicate in the AA mobile app which class of service I'd be seated in if I make a SDC change to a given flight BEFORE I make the change? I've done SDCs mostly on UA in the past and I know they indicate which class you'd be in for each of the SDC options they offer in the app.

Regarding Y-UP fares, aren't all "I" fares technically Y-UP fares, or are they sometimes "true" first class fares? I know that when I book these fares I generally choose the "first" fare option when booking on aa.com or ask a travel agent to book me in first class, so I'm unsure how to tell if I booking Y-UP or "true" first class short of asking for a full-fare or unrestricted first class ticket.