FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Total newbie needing help on LHR - NYC
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:21 am
michieluc

Question Total newbie needing help on LHR - NYC

I am planning a trip to NYC on 30 Nov - 5 Dec. I have flown BA previously (2016) and was happy with Economy.

Obviously I am checking prices for BA and for Virgin trying to get the best economy price for two adults and have been tracking the prices through Google. I have a couple of probably daft questions before I decide which one to go for..
  • firstly are the prices going to go down in the near future, and/or are there any promo codes I could use? (i have both loyalty programs but don't fly enough to make them particularly worthwhile eg not enough avois points)
  • My preference is BA after the last journey (we were looked after in economy) However - it looks like for a similar price £918 (for two) I can get economy classic in Virgin with a booked seat for free.
  • It looks like BA charge for the seats? and Virgin don't charge if you upgrade from Economy Lite to Economy Classic. Is this right?
  • Also - what is the better airline to fly with out of the two of them - we want to go first thing in the morning and come back over night on 5/6th Dec.
Thank you - apologies if these are daft questions or I have broken protocols at all.

Thanks

Last edited by michieluc; Apr 17, 2018 at 6:10 am